Saturday, October 9, 2010

Waxing down there?!?!? Yep.

Good Morning my lovelies :)



  Well today I thought I would talk a little about Brazilian waxing and a few tips for before and after and a little bit of a walk-through. I had someone recently ask me, "Why not just shave?"... Well I can't knock shaving, as it's a quick fix to a hairy problem. But  it will be back tomorrow or the next day.*sigh*
 Waxing on the other hand is going to last anywhere from 3-5 weeks depending on what cycle you hair is in.

But you ask me, "What about the pain"... Well  I wish I could lie and say there won't be any pain. There will be. BUT.. its not bad. I swear!  Almost all of my clients are actually SURPRISED  that it isn't as painful as they thought it would be and some hardly feel anything at all!   I ALWAYS  recommend  taking a Tylenol about an hour before. It helps alot!!!  If you are a wax "virgin", your first time is going to be your most uncomfortable time, as the skin is just not used to it. BUT as long as you come in regularly it becomes less and less traumatizing to your skin resulting in less and less pain for you. You will also notice your hair coming in thinner and finer! Now isn't that dandy?!?

What to expect when you come in:
Well I always guide my clients to my wax room and show them where they can put their garments. I always have baby wipes and tissues out in case they feel they need to do a quick clean up. I leave them for a few minutes and ask them to be laying down and under the sheet when I return.

When I return to the room. I remove the sheet and see what I got to work with. If my client is extremely modest I will drape them appropriately  but I honestly prefer everything out in the open, its faster and easier for me. If the hair is longer than 1/2 inch I will do a quick trim. Remember your hair needs to be atleast a 1/4 inch long but no longer than  1/2 inch. I then will cleanse the area and then add a light layer of powder to help create a barrier for the skin. Then its Waxing time!!!!


Depending on your Esthetician they will either use hard or soft wax. Hard wax does not require strips like soft wax. I myself, prefer hard wax BUT due to the humidity  level in my room I just couldn't find a hard wax that could set up right. So after much ado I found a FANTASTIC soft wax by Epilyss that works just like a hard wax . So thats what I use, if any of you beautiful people come and see me! And for any of my Esthetician girlies you can purchase this wax @ Smooth Skin Supply , Its the Millenia lukewarm wax!










So really all you have to do is lay back and let your Esthetician do her thang! She might ask you to help her to pull your skin taunt but other than that just breath and remember Beauty is Pain!!!! HA!

Some things to remember after your wax:

Avoid anything that's gonna make you sweat (yours pores are open and Vulnerable)  for atleat 24 hours or so. Including exercise, sex ( dang it!), saunas, hot showers etc..

Avoid tight clothing after waxing (granny panties and sweatpants, yes please!)

Regular exfoliation and AHA's will help prevent ingrown hairs but wait atleast 24-48 hours after your wax


Remember to rebook with your Esthetician as routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure an helps in minimizing irratation!



So there you have it my lovelies!

Happy Waxing!

No comments: