Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Makeup Gods shined down on me today - Chikuhodo z-series

Ok so I have been trying to think of a way to word this blog all day without sounding like I am bragging. But there is no other way to say it. My very good friend Debra also Playboy Playmate of the Year 1978  Click here to Learn more about Debra




 gave me a set of  Makeup brushes today because she watched my youtube video about some of my brushes being missing.  Well Debra just didn't give me any ole set of brushes. Debra gave me the Chikuhodo z-series set.



 Ok.... deep breath in...  I am so giddy I cannot control myself.   The Chikuhodo z-series is top of the line. I mean the Top!  In makeup land these brushes reign supreme.... These brushes are handcrafted in Japan and this is the only series that Tesshu ( Master Japanese Brush Artist and Chairman of Chikuhodo) overseas to the last hair.





They are AMAZING people.  It literally feels like what I would imagine Gods hand brushing across my face would feel like... Seriously.

Ok onto the 2nd part to this amazing gift and this story. Sweet Debra recieved these brushes as a gift from a friend who thought she might use them.  Her friend who I assume a very Hollywood connected sort was in possession of these brushes because something happened to the lady in which they were made for.. either she didn't show up or didn't need them.... something to that extent.  So guess who the lady was?

Sofia Coppola!    Learn more about Sofia Coppola






Now how AWESOME is that?!?!?  Sofia's name is Engraved on all the brushes!
I will absolutely be doing a Youtube review on theses in the Near future!

This is literally one of the coolest gifts ever!
Thank you so Much Debra, you are the BEST!
xoxoxoxoxox

k


Chikuhodo web site (most of site in Japanese!)
Chikuhodo Brush Roll