Thursday, May 19, 2011

Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Shampoo, Conditioner, and Penetrating Hair Oil Review

Well it seems everywhere you turn recently Argan Oil is the product of the moment. So I asked myself what the heck is Argan Oil and Where does it come from? So I did a  little investigating and learned some interesting facts I would like to share with you. Argan Oil comes from the Kernels of  the Argan Tree which mainly thrives in  Morocco. Predominately found in the desert, the Argan tree's oil is said to have anti aging qualities and is used in a number of skin care creams and beauty products but is mainly bottled as Oil for Food. It also has been said that this tree has been around since the Tertiary Period which was roughly 1.6 million years ago! The Argan Tree also lives as long as 200 years... Wow.  Ok so now that you and I have both learned some new and fascinating facts I will tell you my latest thoughts on Oranix's Argan Oil line. BTW I have dry thick curly hair and my opinions are based on my hair type.

Lets start with the Shampoo:
First and Foremost let me tell you that this Shampoo does not lather up alot, which is a GOOD thing. It is sulfate free so that means it does not have a bunch of detergents like Laural Sulfate  that actually strips the life out of your tresses. You want a sulfate free shampoo especially if  you dye your hair alot and of course most of the time your hairdresser is not going to tell you this because well quite frankly they need you to come back sooner than later for a root touch-up.  Now besides this factor, did I think this shampoo was all this and a bag of chips? Not really. The fragrance is very light and it didn't leave my hair feeling as smooth as I hoped it would, it makes me wonder the actual percentage of Argan Oil they actually put it this shampoo. I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars. It comes in  a rather small bottle at just 13 oz and retails for around 7.00.



Now on to the Conditioner:




  Well I thought the conditioner would be a little bit better than the shampoo and I was right.. to an extent. It was VERY thick so I was happy about that because these dry curly tresses need a good heavy conditioner. I left this in about 3 minutes before rinsing and I must say for the consistency it didn't leave my hair as soft as I though it would not to say that my hair wasn't soft I just didn't notice a difference in this from other conditioners in this price range I have tried.  This also makes me think back to the  shampoo and wonder actually how much argan oil this contains.. hmmm But nonetheless I give this conditioner a 3.0 out of 5 stars. It also comes in a 13 oz bottle and was priced at                                                      around 7.00



Now for the Penetrating Hair Oil:





Well was I pleased? Yes indeed. The smell was light and it left my hair feeling smooth and hydrated. This was actually the only thing I was going to pick up to begin with and then read on the back it works best with the shampoo and conditioner ( I am such a sucker) but I was pleasantly surprised and am happy that I picked this up. Now does this work better than than your more expensive brands such as the original Moroccan Oil ?
No it didn't. But seeing the Original costs 30.00 for 3.4oz's and the Organix's version costs 6.50 for 3.3 oz's I really didn't expect it to.  But I give this product 3.5 out of 5.00  and its quite possible I will repurchase this again in the future.


Bonus Review: One 'n Only Argan Oil Curl Cream

Now I recieved a free sample of this from Sally's last week and was excited to try it the full size is 10.00 for a 10 oz bottle. I used it yesterday instead of the Organix's oil after I got out of the shower. First thing I noticed was the smell.  Not horrible but not a clean smell.. it smells kinda like a musky perfume. But I applied a few pumps anyway. Its extremely thick and I only needed just a little. I noticed right away it was very greasy and then decided to look at the ingredients (shame on me for not looking at them first) Well this product contains Mineral Oil and Petroleum which in my opinion aren't exactly things I want to see in my hair products.. After letting my hair dry I noticed no results such as shine or curl definition. The only thing I am left with is my normally frizzy/curly hair that now smells like perfume I would never wear. Would I buy this. You guessed it, no I would not. Nor do I give it a good score. I would only give it 1 out of 5 and thats mainly because it was Free :D

Now I hope you enjoyed reading my argan oil reviews and if you follow my blog regularly and read my blog from a couple of days ago about this weeks favorites, i am happy to announce I picked up the full size of the Cavier hair treatment and I also picked up a Fekkai Glossing Cream. Now get this.. I ordered these from Ulta and the the Glossing Cream in the full size is is 4 oz and is 25.00 but the travel size in 2 oz is 9.00...You do the math. Needless to say I picked up the travel size. Oh and right now Ulta is having their spend 25.00 and get 15 samples free sale!


xoxoxo

k

No comments: